WordPress giving you a headache? Not sure how to make an update?
Maybe I can help.
I’m based in the UK and available for ad-hoc WordPress support work from Monday to Friday during normal business hours. I can help you with many technical aspects of your WordPress website, such as:
- Updating the core files, plugins and themes
- Working with plugins – researching, installing, setting up, updating, deleting
- Installing and setting up a theme for the first time
- Creating contact forms
- Adding new pages (without content)
- Resizing and/or uploading/deleting images
- Working with fonts – including changing colour, size and style
- Making your website load faster
- Changing the colour and/or styling of hyperlinks
- Setting up sidebars
- Adding content to the footer
- Installing social media buttons
- Adding or deleting users
- Testing your site for resource-hogging plugins
- Importing/exporting content
- Adding Google Analytics code
This is a brief overview of what I can do. If the job you want doing isn’t listed here, it doesn’t mean I can’t do it.
I can also help you update your content and other areas of your site.
- Adding or removing content
- Changing headlines
- Fixing spelling mistakes
- Removing broken links from your content
- Adding links to your content
- Updating your business address, phone number etc
Free no-obligation quote
To give you an accurate quote, I need to know more about the job want doing.
Please complete the form below with as much detail as possible. Once I’ve received it, I’ll send you a quote.
If you want to proceed, I require 50% upfront and 50% when the job is done to your satisfaction.
The price I quote is the price you pay. If for any reason I can’t complete the work, I’ll refund all the money you’ve paid.
How it works
- Fill in the form on this page describing the work you want doing. Please complete all sections as it helps me understand your setup.
- I take a look at your email and figure out how long the job will take. You should get a reply within a couple of hours during UK business hours.
- You take a look at the quote, and if you are happy with it, pay the 50% deposit via PayPal.
- I crack on and get the job done as quickly as possible. You get on with doing something else.
- When the work is complete, I send you an email so you can check it’s done to your satisfaction. When it is, you pay the remaining balance.
Frequently asked questions
What can you do to help me?
Typically, I provides small fixes. Changes to CSS code, help with plugins, tweaking a theme, resizing images.
When do you expect to complete my work?
If you submit a job on a weekday between 9am and 2pm, I’ll do my best to complete the job the same day. After 2pm, the timescale is by noon the following day. I clear jobs submitted during the weekend in the order I receive them the following Monday.
What if I have an urgent issue at the weekend?
I continually monitor the support email account so mark your request URGENT and I’ll do our best to help.
I’m not sure if you would class my job as ‘small’. What should I do?
Send an email or complete the form on this page. Please provide as much relevant information as possible. I’ll take a look and let you know.
If my job is not ‘small’, can you do it?
Very likely. I have the facilities to provide in-depth support, but I’ll have to create a quote for you. Just ask.
What happens if you can’t do my work?
If I can’t complete your work I’ll refund all money paid.
Why do I have to pay upfront?
It’s nothing personal, I just want to guarantee I get paid for the work I do. Credit is available for regular clients once a relationship is established.
Who are you? Where are you based?
My name is Stephen Duckworth. I work from home in Manchester and provide WordPress support services to small businesses.
To do the work, what do you need from me?
I need a full and detailed description of the work you want doing, 50% deposit and the login details for your WordPress site. I suggest creating an admin account for me, especially if you want to use my services again. I might also need FTP or Control Panel access. If the need arises, I’ll ask you for this information.
What do you do with my login information?
If you create a user account for me, I store the details locally (not in the cloud). If you don’t create an account for me, I don’t retain your login information anywhere other than the original communication method (email/online form).
I have a question
Feel free to contact me if your query isn’t covered on this page. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.