All you need to start a freelance blogging business is a laptop, an internet connection, and the determination to make your business work.
For this post, I’ve spent countless hours scouring the internet for some of the best and most useful articles on freelance blogging I could find. My fingers are numb, my chocolate biscuit supply is severely depleted if I drank full-fat coffee, I’d be totally wired.
The content I have for you is based on the business side of blogging, and not the creative side. Which, is perhaps more important if you truly want to succeed as a freelance blogger.
I hope you find the resources useful. Please feel free to share this post 🙂
Putting systems in place to streamline workflow
Having systems in place to deal with inquiries, managing projects and workflow helps you become a more productive freelancer.
- From Zero to $4,000 a Month: How 3 Simple Systems Catapult Your Blogging Business Forward – Be A Freelance Blogger
- Effectively Using Systematization in Your Freelance Business – Envato
- From Inquiry to Project Start: How to set up a Process to Save Time & Impress Clients – Freedom to Freelance Project
- The Six Numbers No Freelance Writer Can Afford to Ignore – The International Freelancer
Dealing with orders, invoicing and other boring (but essential) admin duties
- The Best Invoicing Systems for Freelancers: A Writer Tries 10 Popular Options – The Write Life
- 10 Tips To Invoice Your Freelance Clients Professionally – Hongkiat
- 5 PayPal Alternatives for Freelancers to Collect Payments in WordPress – WPBeginner
Marketing, sales and finding juicy well-paying clients
- Hacking Elance: How To Make $23,700 Freelancing In 4 Weeks – Hack The System
- 9 Great Ways to Find Freelancing Jobs – FreshBooks
- How To Find Freelance Blogging Clients: My Time-Tested Strategy – Writing My Destiny
- 21 Places to Find Blogging Jobs: An Essential Resource for Freelance Bloggers – The Write Life
- The Five-Step System for Prospecting, Pitching, and Landing Freelance Clients – Fizzle
Getting paid and negotiating decent rates
- Freelancing: a Complete Guide to Setting and Negotiating Rates – Leaving Work Behind
- Freelance Blogging Pay Rates: Exposing Some Myths – All Indie Writers
- How Much Should I Charge? A Guide to Setting Freelance Writing Rates and Contract – Freelance Writing Tips
- The Surprising Truth About How Much Money You Can Make as a Freelance Blogger – Be A Freelance Blogger
- How I Increased My Freelance Blogging Rate from $50 to $150 an Hour – Leaving Work Behind
- How I Went From $25 Per Post to $100 Per Hour as a Freelance Blogger – Freelance Freedom Fighter
- The Great Freelance Debate: Hourly vs. Fixed Rates (Which is Better?) – Bidsketch
- How to Confidently Set and Raise Your Freelance Writing Rates – The Write Life
- Have You Got What it Takes to Become a Highly Paid Freelance Blogger? – ProBlogger
- 5 Brutal Truths About Setting Your Freelance Writing Rates – Freelance Flyer
Productivity, getting stuff done and making the most of your time
- The Freelance Blogger’s Guide to Doubling Productivity – Blogging Wizard
That’s all for now.
I’ll add more articles to this list as and when I find them. If you know an article worth adding, let me know.
Last update – 11 May 2017.